Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Adding on to the Carrot Soup

I've been rather obsessed with the Roasted Carrot and Tomato soup from last week.  In fact, I've had to double the recipe and make it a few times a week because my husband, son, and I have been devouring it!! 

I tried the oven roasting method and didn't notice that much difference in the taste of it.  It's a nice way to save time, and if you've got little kids who hang on you while you're in the kitchen, it's an easier alternative to standing at the stove and stirring a saute pan.  Just throw the carrots and onions in a 400 degree oven on a cookie sheet with olive oil and salt, and in 30 minutes, you've got the guts to your soup.  You can roast this at night while watching TV, then throw the roasted veggies in the fridge or freezer to make the soup later when you've got time/energy/will.

I had my husband come "play" with the hand blender / immersion circulator for one batch so I could report on that texture.  I didn't like it as much as I like the blended soup.  The creamy smoothness I get from putting everything into the blender wasn't duplicated with my stick blender.  It was still wonderful, but just not the same creamy smoothness that I have been craving since I first tried this recipe.

Stay hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment