Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Tuesday Transformation. June 24, 2014

Yikes... Here we go again...

Today is Tuesday, June 24, 2014
230.2
I didn't bother measuring...

Last week...
Tuesday, June 17, 2014
Weight 230.6
C 46.5
W 48.5
H 51.5

Last week was a bust. Let's see what I can create this week... My Honey, The Mr Saucy, is away for work this week, and for some reason, I feel like eating/cooking will be easier for me. This logically makes no sense, as he's only home for dinner, and has repeatedly told me he wants nothing more than to support me in my eating plan, so it's interesting to me why I feel like this week will be easier to stick to said eating plan. I think it's because I still feel the need to provide a typical, media enfluenced "healthy square meal" for supper that includes grains. The kids still eat everything, so I have no problem making separate suppers for them while Daddy is gone, then I eat late after the kids are in bed. My alone and wind-down time.

Like I said... It'll be interesting.

Breakfast today has been 2 cups of coffee with 2 stevia and 2 teaspoons nondairy powdered creamer, each. I'm hungry, but it's almost lunch time, so I'll have a salad with leftover pork tenderloin on it for my lunch. 

Awesome lunch! I LOVE cooking or reheating a meat in coconut oil, then using that oil as the salad dressing along with balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, and fresh herbs.

T-Ball game in the sweltering heat lead us to the drive through for the kids. And... DING DING DING!!! I DIDN'T ORDER ANYTHING FOR ME!!! Yes, I wanted the ease of someone else making supper for me, just having to throw away a wrapper when it was gone, and the sweet, fatty, unctuous, warm, slightly sweet, salty goodness of the double quarter pounder and the hot, soft, crispy, salty fries possible dipped into the cold ketchup for that perfect juxtaposition of hot, cold, sweet, salty goodness that is the diabolical undoing of many a waistline. BUT! "I faced temptation, and did not bend" (thank you Tremors for one of my all time favorite movie lines.) I didn't even get a Diet Coke! 

What the what?!? Are you for real?

Oh yeah.

So, supper was an unsuccessful version of my pork fried cauliflower "rice". I skipped a bunch of steps, remember, I was tired, hot, and this cold is kicking my derrière. I wanted the pork and the soy sauce, and honestly, a filler to shovel in that would satisfy my rumble tummy quickly and comfortably. The leftover grilled cauliflower went into the food processor to be chopped into "rice" while the pork was heated in the wok in olive oil. I didn't bother with onions or garlic, or the peas, nor the carrots. I dumped in the cauliflower, then added a squeeze of my refrigerated ginger purée and a sprinkle of the freeze dries garlic. But wait, I need more moisture, so in went some of the Chardonnay I was drinking. And then went in the gf soy sauce. Stir stir stir, dump in bowl, add more soy, eat.  Alas, it wasn't as successful as my full recipe, and my throat was screaming at me, so I ended up picking out the pork nuggets only, and dumping the cauli rice.

It was an early night. Tonight was Boo's night to sleep with Mommy, so GG got her songs and snuggles during tuck-in, then Boo got to,play his leap frog tablet in bed, then watch Mommy play some games too. Then, I heard that beautiful sound of the moment the breathing turns into that rhythmic pattern of sleep. The house was quiet, my Nyquill chaser was starting to work it's magic, so I closed my eyes and went to sleep snuggled up next to my son.

Wednesday, June 18
WOW! A lot of support from last weeks post! That's the encouragement I need to do this for another week. I was NOT expecting it, and I'm flattered and really excited! And, to be quite honest, each time last week when I made a food choice, I honestly thought about this blog. I thought about the choices I was making and that I was going to have to admit the horrible things I was eating and drinking and the horrible things I was doing and not doing to my body.

So, today, I've had had my 3-egg omelet with 2 pieces of American single wrapped cheese product, and 2 cups of coffee with 2 stevia and 2 teaspoons of my nondairy creamer.

It's going to be another sweltering day, so my shop work may have to be inside work. Perhaps I'll use the twine to wrap more bottles, or work on the descriptions in the Etsy shop. Oh, and I think I broke a bone in my hand yesterday when I hit it instead of the crowbar while splitting pallets for the new trays. Oh well... No one said owning your own business was easy and/or pain free.

Evening now, and I'm snackish. I desperatly want a piece of horrible sandwich bread with a slathering of butter. Or I want the jar of peanut butter and a spoon. The kids and I are watching movies. I've been playing iPad games and checking on my Facebook connections, but now I'm ready to dive into the Jif jar. This is my crappy time of day. In the morning I *set* the day by being good or bad. Mid day follows what happened at breakfast. Dinner is another follow of early day, but evening is almost like a start over, or a *congratulations* because I made it all day. But this has been my issue for years. I reward myself with food. I read that the battle is fought with each meal, but if 1/4 of the day is crap, then I'm not really winnin. Yes, I can start over each morning, but is that the best way to go about this?

Yup. I caved. PB and a glass of milk.

Thursday, June 19
Ugh! My cold is getting worse. I'm now exhausted and grumpy in addition to not feeling great. Morning pills with the addition of some cold meds today too, cup of coffee and my shake. I don't think I'll go into the shop today. Can't imagine adding sawdust and Virginia humidity to my lungs is smart. There's plenty of things to do inside. The dust bunnies of Homer hair are taking over, so it time to fight them.

Lunch was a salad of mixed lettuces, left over flank steak from last nights supper, raw green beans from the garden, and then dressed with olive oil, balsamic vinegar and topped with fresh oregano and fresh parsley from the garden as well. I came out onto the deck to eat while the kids played in the backyard. Of course both dogs are right on my heels, and are now panting and looking at me with big "we want to go inside now mommy, it's very hot out here" eyes. Ok, they win. Guess I can go push the vacuume around for a bit... Or I can find something else to do to procrastinate ...

I ended up cleaning the house. 

I made pork chops and ate one for my supper.

Friday, June 20
Ok, let's go the the Dr. This cold has GOT to go away. I called at 11:00 to see if they had any openings, yes, they have one at 11:30. Yay! I make sure the kids have on clothes and shoes, I do the same for myself real quick, and we run out the door. And then get bumped by the car and driver behind us at a stop light. Absolutely no damage, so we get back in our cars and go to the Dr. Just as I suspected, it's only a cold. But at this point, I'm so tired, lonely, scared, frustrated, and exhausted, I do get the double QP and fries from McDonalds. And it was delicious! 

Since it was a filling and late lunch, I didn't eat supper. Plus, still feeling terrible.

Saturday, June 21
DADDY'S COMING HOME TODAY! The morning consisted of juggling schedules because they boys last T-Ball game was rescheduled to Monday because of a tin shower, so the kids ended up coming with me. Felt like crap, no breakfast other than coffee. 

After graduation, yup, you guessed it, the kids and I went to McDonalds again, and yep, I had another DQP. 

No supper again, just went to bed.

Sunday, June 22
Breakfast was coffee. We're headed to GranMa's for a family BBQ is afternoon, so I'll save my calories and eat there.

Burgers, dogs, and brats on the grill, cole slaw and potato salad sides. I had a burger on a gf bun, some cole slaw and loaded potato salad. Brought leftovers home for My Honey who was working yet again.

Then I got a glass of wine and went to my room and shut the door. I think I was able to have about 1/2 an hour alone before the dogs wanted in, then GG came to check on me too. But then daddy tucked them in and went back downstairs where he fell asleep on the couch watching TV. The girl woke up with a crying fit, so I then spent the next hour in her room consoling her and getting her back to sleep.

Monday, June 23
Going to have to work backwards here on my weekend. This week has ROYALLY SUCKED! Super sick, My Honey out of town, I'm exhausted, feel terrible, and having zero down time because my cold has kept me up at night caughing. 

Ok, I remembered the key points to the weekend, as recorded above. I got on the scale this morning and wanted to burst into tears. Yes, I know, there have been 2 days of fast food, and not a lick of exercise this week at all, so what did I expect? But, I'm still bummed. 

So I stomped downstairs where my children announced they would like hot dogs for breakfast. Since neither of them eat all of what I put in front of them anymore, I went ahead and made them hot dogs. Conner said he wanted his with slaw, so I added slaw, knowing full well that he wouldn't want it, and I'd get to eat it. That's exactly what happened. So, I had a hot dog with slaw for breakfast and a side of loaded potato salad.

Then I squeezed my fat ass into my bathing suit and took the kids to the pool. Now we're home, I have dinner prepping, and I'm thinking the idea of another slaw-dog sounds dreamy! But, it's 3:00, the Boo's game is at 6:00, so I'll feed him and GG before the game, then My Honey and I will eat later tonight. 

Grilled pork chops that were marinated in olive oil, balsamic vinegar, rosemary, thyme, salt, pepper, and garlic. They were good.

No comments:

Post a Comment