Monday, June 16, 2014

What's growing? Mid June, 2014


The first eatable strawberries from the deck. Not what I was expecting. Tasted like fruit, but weren't the vibrant sweet strawberries I was expecting.


Zucchini blossoms!


Acorn squash buds.


The green beans are WONDERFUL! I've been snacking on them raw as I check them out in the mornings, then I noticed there was enough to pick for a full serving for supper the other night. There are still tons of flowers, so more crops will be coming soon.


Beets!


Corrots. I hope gees aren't too close together. I had to pull up and toss all the radishes. I planted them too close together and they all just turned into rotten looking carrots that smelled like radishes.


Cherry tomatoes.


Lemon Boy tomatoes.


Mr. Stripy heirloom. Yes, bought for the name.


Wisteria! When you're near! 🎡🎢🎀 (I can't say Wisteria with out signing Def Leppard)


Pretty purple ground cover at the base of the Wisteria. 


Looks like the clematis will be blooming again.


I bought this at the same time as the other clematis and it had the same leaves. Then, it changed a little, looked like it died, and then this plant came back in it's place. 


It's blooming for our neighbors, so I have to hang my arm over the fense to take pictures of it's little white blooms.


She shoots out LONG TALL arms, though.


Good morning, sweet wild honey suckle.


Time to give the compost a quarter turn.


Stella enjoying the shade while still keeping an eye on her man-cubs.


I love this cedar at the edge of the tree house.


What is this little guy? Reminds me of a bamboo, but if don't know. Cute little thing, though. I'll keep him.


The deck and garden in the morning shade.


The patio in the morning shade.


Hosta Corner. Yes... I need a truckload of mulch to treat this side of the yard. It's kinda hopelessly forgotten and ignored.


Kevin returned from an obviously exhausting visit to see neighbor Rick for a belly scratch and morning check-in


The herb garden. From left to right we have oregano, basil, sage, rosemary, and parsley. Cilantro is on the deck railing in a smaller pot and the lavender is down in the garden.


The strawberries. I've laid a layer of newspaper on the soil to separate the berries from touching it. I'm hoping that will keep e berries from rotting. I'm not doing well with my strawberries this year.


The morning glory, moon vine, and a new red flower vine that will grow up to cover (hopefully) the pergola. 


The same seed mixture in a large pot on the deck. I'm helping the vines climb with string.


One of my many jade plants. The shamrock growing with it was a house warming gift from our realtors. The shamrock died, so I used the potting soil from the pot to add to this one when I replanted the jade. Then, the shamrock came back to life, and LOVES living with the jade.


One of my 2 favorite growing things!


SWING!  Weeeeeeeee!


Ok, last one, but I loved the shots of her hair with the sun behind her.


My other favorite growing thing.


And, can't leave out my Homer! He's never far from me.

I hope you enjoyed the morning in pictures. 

Play with your food, grow something beautiful, get dirty.

No comments:

Post a Comment