Friday, December 19, 2014

Taco Soup

Sometimes the most simple dish is the most delicious. Today, for instance, I wanted soup. A warm, hearty bowl of rich soup. So, I thought of chicken tortilla. I have taco seasonings, corn tortillas in the freezer, frozen corn, chicken, and a can of refried beans. So I headed to the kitchen to whip it up.

But then I saw the leftover taco meat from Tuesday. And the leftover chicken stock from the latests batch that didn't get frozen.

So, into the pot went:

3 cups of chicken stock
2 cups of leftover taco meat (this week was beef and chicken)
1 can of refried beans
Frozen corn (I used the now empty can from the beans and filled that with the frozen corn as my measure)
1 cup of salsa

If I hadn't been so hungry, I would have toasted a couple of tortilla's to have a crunchy element with my soup, and if I had it on hand, I would have garnished with fresh cilantro. 

But for a quick, "Oh My God, It's 3:00 Already" lunch, this was awesome.


No comments:

Post a Comment