Sunday, February 10, 2013

Welcome Back

No, wait... I'm the one who's been gone. Sorry for my absence, fans. Both of you. Really. I mean it.

Since we've last visited I've discovered I have a gluten intolerance, and that chocolate and red wine trigger my weird headaches. This summer I had a large blood clot in my inferior vena cava, and massive pulmonary embolism. Therefore, my diet has greatly changed. What was once a diet of whole wheat breads and leafy greens is now mostly meats and the occasional veggie.

If you've never been on, or known anyone on the blood thinner Coumadin, then you're unaware of the diet restrictions. Vitamin K screws with the testing results so you need to limit that vitamin, which is abundant in leafy greens. So, what we're taught as healthy is now not good for me.

The gluten intolerance varies, and I can't pinpoint the things that bother me more than others. My symptoms are joint pain, swelling, anxiety, and abdominal pain.

The kids are doing very well. We're working on potty training Genna. Conner is as brilliant as ever. The dogs, cat, and fish are all happy and healthy. My Honey is still the worlds most perfect husband. He's handsome, sweet, helpful, a fabulous father and when no one is looking he snuggles the cat.

I'll try to post more often. Found an ap that let's me blog from my phone which makes things enfinetly easier.


1 comment:

  1. So Good to hear from you! Glad you are pinpointing your diet triggers, I'm sure you will feel better once you get them all sorted out! Now I gotta go read your yummy recipes! Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete