Tuesday, February 12, 2013

What's for dinner?

We're both pooped. My gorgeous husband has folded 2 loads of laundry and is snuggling with the girl-child on the sofa while we finish watching Tangled. The boy child is cuddled up with me and asking every few moments if its bed-time after the movie... which it is.

This week we're all getting up at 5:00am so Daddy can get to work at 6:00 and Mommy can have help getting everything together in the morning, so right now, 7:15 feels like a late night.

The kids have had their suppers. Mac-n-cheese for GG and chicken noodle soup for Boo. Yes. I swore I'd be the Mom who made fabulous dinners that were loved and gobbled up by my children, much like the kids in the Hilshire Farm Ranch salad dressing commercial with the kids fighting over the broccoli. But real life "happened", and there are nights when it's just easier to give them something quick, nutritious, and happiness-filled rather than something time-consuming and fight-provoking.

The laundry just buzzed to tell me it's done with its current cycle and the kids are peacefully and happily and quietly enjoying the movie. This, of course, leads me to start thinking of supper for me and My Honey.

Thinking of grilled steaks, fresh corn on the cob, and left-over sweet potatoes from the experimental fantastic gratin the other night.

Time to tuck in the kids, think about details of supper flavor combinations, and cooking techniques to perfect tonight's masterpiece of yummy.






No comments:

Post a Comment