Thursday, November 6, 2014

Evil Mommy Monster

OMG, I am so tired of this bug! Everything in the world tells us that we can't get The Flu from the Flu Shot, but I received the Flu Mist this year, and I've been sick ever since.

The flu shot is a dead strain of the bug, while the mist is a "weakend" live version. I think the live bug that was squirted up my nose wasn't so weakened, but I'm no scientist and I don't claim to know anything other than what the manufacturers and doctors tell me. 

All of the side effects of the mist are also flu symptoms. Fever, cough, runny/stuffy nose, aches and pains, head ache, etc. And all the info I found on the internet says that it can take up to 2 weeks for the flu vaccine to work in your system to fight a flu bug that you may catch. 

So, if it could take up to 2 weeks for the vaccine to work, then you could still catch the flu right after getting the shot. Especially if you go to your doctors office to get it. 

So, if all the side effects are also symptoms of the flu, then why the hell go through the torture of getting the damn shot/mist? 

Because it's our civic duty to make sure we don't catch it and spread it. I'm a big advocate for all vaccines. 

But this is getting on my nerves and making me Evil Mommy Monster. 

Timeline: 
Thursday the kids and I got the mist.
Thursday night I started to get a little horse.
Friday I spent the morning on a farm with my son's Kindergarten class as a chaperon.
Saturday I started feeling bad. Headache, congested, grumpy.
Sunday morning i woke up feeling really bad. A lot more congested, stuffy, sore throat, sore ears, head ache.
We had our end of year T-Ball party on Sunday, and I didn't want to cancel for a little cold, so the party went on. With the adrenaline of the party and the awesome friends and energy that was all around, I didn't notice until everyone left that I was worn out. I think I sat on the sofa for a few minutes, then went to bed and CRASHED.
Sunday night the nausea and fever hit.
Monday, Mr. Saucy stayed home and I stayed in bed.
Tuesday, Mr. Saucy had to go to work, so I was up and about with the kids. It was a teacher conference day, so the kids were home with me and not in school. This is when I lost my cool and became that horrible Mommy that I always feared I would be.

In addition to throwing a spoon at the floor by my sons feet because he decided after 3 times of asking him if he wanted his own bowl and him saying NO each time, he decided to sit down an eat my bowl and then spanking the girls hand 3 times in a row instead of just once after she knocked my HUGE glass of ice water with crushed ice (so it was wicked hard to clean up) on the carpet, lets just say it wasn't my finest hour. Kids were sent to their rooms, timeout, and even sent outside to play in order to get them away from me. In addition to the soup fiasco and the water spil, they broke an antique in the front room while both running and throwing things in the house, which they have been told at least 5 times every day of their lives not to do.

But, by the time Daddy got home on Tuesday, both kids had figured out it wasn't the best day to test Mommy, and I had figured out it wasn't a good time to try to act as if it was a normal day and we had come to a mutual understanding of "Chill The Hell Out" status. The kids had even taken showers and were in their jammies and Martial Arts clothes in time for Daddy to take him to practice. GG snuggles with me on the sofa and we both apologized to each other for being pills. 

No one likes being sick. And I honestly believe its especially hard on the loved ones of the sick person. My poor angels just wanted Mommy to be Mommy. But Mommy couldn't do that. The most I had in me was to just keep everyone alive. And some days, that's really all we can do. 

Last night I went to bed early again, and my AMAZING Honey came and gave me a kiss as he tucked the kids into bed. I apologized for being sick. "Mommy's aren't supposed to get sick", I said. Then he became even more magnificent than he was 30 seconds prior when he said, "Perhaps if you were a single mommy, then I could agree with you. But you're not a single mommy. You're not alone. You have me, and I'm here to help you and take care of you when you need it."

My LORD, I love that man!!

So ... Evil Mommy Monster has been put into storage where I hope she'll stay for another year or two. But she'll never go away away. She'll be just a bug away and I'm sure we'll see her again. 

But not too soon, I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment