Thursday, September 5, 2013

Week 2 Woes

I wrote this to a friend of mine, and realized it would make a good posting.  "Week 2" of any change in my life, be it diet, fitness, or school, is my downfall. I soar through the first week, jump in with both feet, gung-hu, and with guns a'blazing. But then suddenly week 2 rolls around, or even the end of week 1, and I realize that it's no longer comfortable. I start to realize that this feels like WORK. I didn't sign up for something requiring me to DO something. Skinny people in magazines are smiling, splashing in the waves at the beach, or lounging in an outdoor oasis their designer made for them, while sipping wine with their skinny friends. THAT'S what I want.  None of this weigh my food crap, and don't use oil or salt bologna. (Uummm... Bologna) I mean really, where am I going to hide my digital weight watchers scale in the strappy skin-tight sun dress while I entertain 75 of my closest friends during sunset on the deck of my fabulous yacht? 

So, due to the fun challenge group I'm in, I'm sticking with it through week 2. I didn't allow my self-sabotage to completely derail me. Yes, I pigged out and splurged (too much), and regained the 4 pounds i quickly lost in week 1, but I jumped right back on the proverbial horse, and find myself happily settled into the middle of week 2. And I'm losing again. Haven't lost the 4 I found again after my 2-days of ridiculous food choices, but I'm happy. I'm excited to see what lies ahead of me. 

There are only 6 weeks left in our game. I wonder if the group would like to jump right into another round immediately following this one so we don't get too off track over the holidays...

No comments:

Post a Comment