Monday, October 13, 2014

Emotional Eating

Stupid broken brain. I'm an emotional eater and a food addict. 

I'm constantly fighting something in my head.

I'm either fighting my ADD, or my anxiety, or my monthly hormonal highs and lows, or a gluten zap, or if we're all really lucky, it's a combination of one, two, three, or all of the above.

So I'm officially the heaviest I've ever been. I can lose 100 pounds at this point and be happy as a pig in shit.

I'm still obsessed with quick fixes. I want liposuction, I want my stomach stapled, I want to accidentally slip into a non life threatening coma for the next 9 months and wake up skinny. But none of these are logical, healthy, or going to fix the problem.

The problem is ME. it's not the burgers and fries. That's like blaming the bullets and the gun for a death. The problem isn't the food, the problem is the reason WHY I put those foods into my mouth.

So... Let's see about how I can figure this out. 

I have the support and the love and the means to make it happen. I just have to search for, find, and accept that switch that needs to take place inside ME. No one can do this for me. There isn't a quick fix for this. It's a daily process of making choices that are different from the choices I've been making.

No comments:

Post a Comment