Thursday, October 9, 2014

Twitter newbie

I've just discovered twitter. 

I'm slow.

But it's kinda become like a third child. Well, maybe a 4th pet rather than a 3rd child. Ps, don't tell my pets they aren't human. Oh hell, go ahead, they won't believe you if you say it, so rock on.

Tomorrow is Conner's 6th birthday, so my life this week has been all about Lego's, party planning, party re-planning due to the weather forecast, and hashtagging. 

Yesterday I dropped my daughter off at preschool then headed out to buy supplies. To Target first for marshmallows for the marshmallow Lego dude head pops and cake mix and icing for his birthday cake and graham crackers and M&M's for the edible Lego bricks. The Lego head pops and bricks will be the party favors too. I hate goody bags. Hate that kids expect them these days, and I hate that they're full of crap that I have to pick up off the floor every day for a week until I finally throw it all away and the kids never notice the crap is missing.

Then I went to BJ's for the foods I couldn't find at Target. The GF pizzas, a flat do Diet Come, flat of Coke, flat of water, juice boxes, and 2 mommy juice boxes. AKA boxed Chardonnay. 

Then I went to the candy store for the candy that looks like Lego bricks.

Then I went to the amazing lady's house who sold me her sons ENTIRE Lego collection.

Then I went to the dollar store for the paper party goods.

Then I came home to hide toys and put away the foods.

Then I went back out to get my daughter from school. 

Then I desperatly wanted a nap, but nope, got a burr up my butt that I needed to go to Lowes to find tile to fix the entry way floor where the bare spots are STILL THERE from the removal of the knee walls early this summer.

The tile didn't match, so I flopped on the couch to pout, and tweet, but then it was time to get the boy from the bus stop, so off we went to the bus stop. Then we waited almost 30 minutes because the bus was late and we weren't notified, so after calling the school to find out where my kid was and the slight panic of the lady telling me it was late and they sent out a blast notice... I'm sorry... WHAT ANOUT A BLAST? Don't say the word BLAST to a parent who has just called looking for her missing child you crazy woman! She reworded herself and said they sent out an email, but none of us at the bus stop received any word from the school, and when I called Mr. Saucy he had not received a notice either.

So, the bus showed up, Conner was very confused because it wasn't his regular bus, wasn't his regular driver, and she made a wrong turn and came the wrong way down the street. My poor angel who does not like his routine to be monkeyed with almost didn't get off the bus because he was so turned around.

Then he went to a friends house to play and GG went to, so I was left at home alone with 2 days worth of dirty dishes in the sink and the very first time I had a chance to sit or breathe all day. And I did a little more twittering.

So I organized the party things and began the dishes. Called Mr. Saucy to see what he wanted for dinner and neither of us were terribly hungry, so nothing sounded interesting.

Yesterday was the only day this week that we didn't and don't have to run around all day, so when the kids came back home from playing, I poured a glass of wine and went out front with them to play sidewalk chalk. Then Daddy came home, we all started talking with the neighbors, and soon it was dark and I still hadn't done diddly about supper.

We ordered Chinese. I made bad choices. I felt terrible within 30-45 minutes, and still feel cruddy.

Gluten effects my brain as much as it does my tummy, so today I'm short-tempered, lethargic, and in and out of the potty a lot. 

Wait... I started this blog post talking about twitter. I promise I took my Concerta today, but like I just said, my brain is not under my control when I've been glutened. 

I even gained 2 pounds from yesterday morning to this morning!

Squirrel. 

Ahem... Focus Carter Ann. You got this.

Back to twitter.

A friend shared some things she learned with me, and my eyes were suddenly opened to what twitter could be. I thought it was a famous persons Facebook. Celebrities talk about their lattes and we wish we were them. Or celeb BFF's suddenly have a falling out and there's a twitter-war that shows up on the evening entertainment news. But if you do it right, you can use it as an advertising venue to attract readers to your blog. 

So, if you've just found me through twitter, I'm super excited you're here! Thank you for reading my post today and take a few minutes to poke around to see what other things I write about. Mostly home, garden, food, kids type stuff. I split atoms on my days off. So I guess it's best that I don't get days off, so most atoms here are safe and sound and whole.

Time to tweet and hashtag to attract more brilliant folk, such as yourself, who will enjoy spending some time with me and my saucy family and friends.

Stay Saucy, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment