Saturday, October 26, 2013

Day 5 of GNC "Detox & "Cleanse", and it's over because it's crap.

In my carbohydrate and sugar overload last night, I realized after climbing into bed that I had forgotten my PM pack. I took it this morning, and haven't noticed ANYTHING different from yesterday. In fact, after discovering the gluten in the 2 pills, and eliminating them from the collection, there is really nothing to report...shall we say...biologically in the plumbing.

The good news about the ridiculous dinner I had last night is that I didn't gain anything. I didn't lose, but didn't gain, so I call that a draw. Not a win, and not a loss.

Woke up early this morning and couldn't go back to sleep, so I came on downstairs for coffee, a fire, and the morning news. I made bacon in the oven, and it was the BEST BATCH EVER! My 3 year old disappeared and was quiet for too long before I realized she had helped herself to the chewy batch I made for my Honey. He likes it a little less "done" than I do. I like mine about 4.12 seconds shy of burnt. I don't want any "give" in my bacon at all. 

The kids had cereal and bacon for breakfast. I just had my coffee and bacon. 

We dropped Boo off at martial arts practice, and then GG and I drove across town to the drive through Starbucks. I ordered a sugar free vanilla skim latte, then we drove back to pick up The Boo. Perfect timing, and he was VERY excited that he got to use 2 nunchucks today. 

It's 1:30, and everyone has had lunch. The kids their favorite versions of PB&J. GG likes hers sans J. Boo likes his "triple decker" style, which I made one day when we had 5 pieces of bread left. 2 went to GG's sandwich and with 3 left over, I made Boo a 3-piece sandwich. He LOVED it. I had my regular lettuce roast beef wrap and seltzer water.

Supper was a hamburger patty at the neighborhood Halloween block party. And gin and 7-up. 

The next morning, after eating almost nothing, and drinking the hard stuff, I was not feeling very awesome. Sunday was a fairly normal day, a lot like the others. He kids wake me up, I feed them, have coffee, then have some breakfast a little later, or skip on until lunch. Supper was flank steak and baked oven fries.

On Monday, I wasn't feeling well, but not like the headache from Sunday morning. My tummy hurt. Up early with the kids, let my Honey sleep in, then went to a Dr appt check up, then home to work on projects with the family. Upon coming home, I spent most of the rest of the day running to the potty. My husband took the kids to the gym around mid-afternoon, and I was feeling so awful. That I thought I may have caught the flu. I checked my temp, and I was normal, but I sure wasn't feeling normal. Everything hurt. Skin, hair, tummy, and I was COLD. I'm never cold. The back door was open, and I finally shut it and went to the thermostat to verify my suspicion that it was clearly in the 40's in the house. Imagine my surprise to discover it was 71! 

I considered putting a chicken in the oven, then sending my Honey a text to tell him I was going to bed, and that dinner was in the oven, with a reminder of what temp to cook the bird. While I was prepping the chicken, I felt nauseous, and really thought I was going to barf all over the kitchen. But slowly, I felt better. I even had supper with the family, and it was delicious. But, 20 minutes after supper,  I was back in the potty feeling terrible again. Off to bed for me.

Today is Tuesday, and things are the same. After eating, I feel terrible. Then after several hours, I feel well again, and even a little hungry. I eat, and feel horrible again for a few hours, then a little better, then fine. Then I eat, and it starts over. The scale-obsessed side of me doesn't mind so much. The mommy that needs to get things done, who can't go to bed because her kids will destroy the house, and is counting down the minutes until Daddy comes home (181 until he's off work, then another 64 after that before he's home), is quite over this bug, and is looking forward to a happy tummy, hopefully tomorrow.

Oh, and the detox & cleanse set was nothing more than a gigantic waste of time, money, and hope. If anything, it cleaned out the things in my system that would have fought off this bug. 

No comments:

Post a Comment