Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Tomatomygod Soup

I have to say... I love myself just a little bit more right now.

You see, I desperatly wanted tomato soup, but didn't have any in the can in the pantry, so I made some using my homemade chicken stock, a can of tomato sauce and a can of tomato paste. And holy moly, it's the best tomato soup I've EVER HAD! No lie. So easy, so yummy, and cheap!

To be exact, here's what I used.

4 cups of frozen homemade chicken stock
15 oz can tomato sauce
6 oz can tomato paste

My chicken stock is stored in the freezer, so I put the frozen quart in the stock pot over night heat. As it began to thaw, melt, and warm up, I opened the cans of tomato sauce and tomato paste. I poured in the sauce and scooped in the paste, then slowly stirred it all around as the big block of frozen stock slowly melted and swirled lovingly with the tomato mixture.

By the time the stock was melted, everything was nicely heated, and I thought the flavoring so were perfect that I didn't add any salt or pepper. I added shredded Parmesan cheese to my bowl, and that little extra "something" was absolutely perfect!

Boo wanted a taste, and ended up having 2 bowls... AFTER eating a PB&J! He said he wants to eat this soup tomorrow for his breakfast, lunch, AND dinner. Wow. I'm not the only one who thinks this is one of the best things I've ever made. And it was so EASY! I feel silly posting such a simple dish, but since it's so good, so fast and easy, I wanted to be sure to share.


This is all that's left after just Boo and I having lunch.


All that remains from his second bowlful.

Stay hungry. 
Play with your food.

No comments:

Post a Comment