Monday, June 10, 2013

2 down, 78 to go.

If you followed along last week, you saw my daily struggle with healthy low calorie eating. You saw my frustrations and excitements along the way. If you're with me on Facebook, you saw my friends advice, words of wisdom, and cheers of encouragement. 

After a midweek peep at the scale, and seeing it hadn't budged, I became very sad. Friends pointed out I wasn't eating enough calories. I'm not an expert. I clearly don't understand the ins and outs (literally) of calories, or carbs, or protein, or fiber, or sodium, or fat. There are thousands of books published telling us how to eat and they all seem to contradict one another. 

But I've found that I like the low carb approach. I've had success with that in the past. It's easy, mindless, and in my mind, scientifically sound. I can't eat gluten without a slew of unpleasantries, so it's not difficult for me to bypass those choices. 

So, I find myself at the start of the week again, excited about what's to come. 2 pounds down in week one. It's not the 10-15 pound loss we see on week one of "The Biggest Looser", but I also don't have Jillian Michaels as my personal trainer and coach. 



7:30 Monday morning and the kids have had breakfast, GG's toes are painted pink just like Mommy's, the dishwasher is loaded, I'm on mug 2 of coffee with liquid sugar free flavored creamer, the dogs have been out to potty and dried off since its raining, and in a couple of hours we'll go to swim class. I still have a few loads of clean laundry to fold and put away, which I'll do while kids are napping. 

Every day is an amazing adventure. Every meal is an awesome treat. Every action is chosen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment