Friday, June 7, 2013

Day 4

Day 4 was cool because I used one of those diet tips I've heard about and always thought was hooey. Around 3:00 I was "STARVING"! I logged the snack I wanted to have, Greek yogurt and granola, and it was around 300 calories! For a "healthy" snack, that is "chock-full of protein and whole grains which fill you up and make you feel great all day". Bologna!!  Pure bologna. No. What fills me up and makes ME feel great all day is a cheeseburger and fries. 

So while I was contemplating my choices, I thought about the HALT method.  "H" - Am I HUNGRY? = YES! "A" - Am I ANGRY? = YES, because I want a cheeseburger. "L" - Am I lonely? = NO, I have 2 kids, 2 dogs, a cat and Facebook to keep me company. "T" - Am I THIRSTY?  = Hum... Could be. Lets drink a bunch of water to see if it really does "fill you up" when you're feeling snackish. 

Well, I'll be damned! It worked. I drank around 16 ounces of water with lemon, and I didn't even have to get up. I had my water bottle already with me. Here's my food log from day 4. 


I then proceeded to pack up the kids and (almost) all their supplies for swimming class. I let the dog out, and we went to class. 

Swim class was fun. GG "graduated" up to level 3, Boo almost went to level 4, but needs to enter the water with a swooping/diving motion from the edge of the pool, rather than dropping in feet first. 

GG got to ring the graduation bell, she didn't force me to come in to remove her from the pool like she has every other class, and we had a moderately tantrum-free suit removal, dry-off, and redressing in street clothes. Right up until I realized I had forgotten a shirt for Boo. Seriously Carter Ann? Seriously?!? Great. Do I have him walk out in just his blue jeans and no shirt and act like its no big deal, do I leave him in his swimsuit, because that's a more socially acceptable shirtless outfit? The whole time he's sassing me to no end because I forgot his shirt. Since he's already in his jeans at this point, I'm not going to put my sweet angel back in his cold wet suit, so I wrapped his top half in his towel, and we walked out like that. 

Just to see that it was POURING outside. And the umbrellas are in the car. And the car is in the far corner of the lot. Seriously? I forgot the shirt, I forgot the umbrellas. Ggrrrr.  

With GG on hip, purse and gigantic pool bag on shoulder, and Boo holding my hand, we run to the car. Boo loses a flip-flop in the parking lot, so we have to go back, put on said flop, and run to car again. I put GG in her seat, Boo crawls through, I shut GG's door, go around to Boo's seat, use the towel to cover my head and back while I buckle him in. I jump into the front seat and start the car. 

Boo is still smart-mouthing me for forgetting his shirt. He's "FREEZING" because he doesn't have his shirt. Note, he's the most dry of the 3 of us because he was wrapped in his towel. I tossed the now wet towel back to him telling him its cold and wet, but he's convinced I'm completely wrong. Then GG wants HER towel. "NO", I said, and I backed out of the parking spot. Got to the stop sign and heard, "Mommy, I'm not buckled." I turn and look, and sure as shit, I didn't buckle GG. 

Put the car in reverse, get out of the way as I can, car in park, jump out, run around, open her door, buckle her in while she's screaming and kicking because she doesn't WANT to be buckled, close her door, run back around car, get back in driver seat, and drive home. 

We walk in the door to find the Daddy person getting out the vacuum. "YOUR DOG ate the trash again." I didn't dare ask what he was using the Dyson for in this case instead of sweeping and mopping. Nope. Don't question at this point. Whatever he's doing is perfect. 

"Stella was outside when I got home too", he says after the vacuum is off. I looked down at the 85 pound collie shepherd chow retriever mixed mutt who is sadly glaring at me through her still wet, very long, very thick fur with eyes that say, "Mommy... You left me outside in the rain and I was so scared you would never come home."

Forgot shirt and umbrellas. Forgot to place trash can in bathroom, forgot to buckle daughter, forgot fuzzy-girl outside. 

Perhaps I should sit down. But no. Instead I'm going to go change out of my soaking wet clothes. 

GG and I change out of our wet clothes into our jammies and bring jammies down for the boys. What's better on a crazy night of the forgetsies than a family movie night in jammies? 

The kids had fish-sticks, veggie-noodle Mac-N-Cheese, grapes, cheese, milk and water. Mommy and Daddy had grilled salmon. We watched The Rise of The Guardians, and forgot all about the rest of the day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment