Saturday, June 8, 2013

Didn't survive Day 5

If you've been following along, you saw that yesterday wasn't my finest hour. I think it's safe to say the granola I bought isn't gluten free. My stomach hurt all day, I was clearly grouchy and felt defeated. 

Here is my food diary from yesterday. 



Yes. I ate a whole pizza for supper. AND FELT TERRIBLE! My tummy is still fighting back from the granola and a probable case of cross-contamination in the pizza. 

So, we fall, and we pick ourselves back up. If you miss your exit, you don't stay on the highway forever do you? Nope. You find the next place to turn around and you get going again. It takes you a little longer to get there, but you don't give up the entire trip because of one wrong or missed turn. 

This isn't going to happen in a day or two. And "I" especially need to remember that. I want to see the scale move daily. I admit it. I'm a slave to the scale. Yes, I know that my clothes and my health should matter more, but there's something inside me that WANTS to see the numbers on the scale reflect my hard work. 

I'm jumping right back on. No need to wallow in my defeat or self-sabotage. Look at what works and do more of that, look at what's not working and don't do more of that, and simply plow on. 

2 comments:

  1. I love your analogy about missing the exit on the highway. We don't change our mind about the destination when we miss a turn! :) You can do it, Carter! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep going. We ALL have to pick ourselves up and forgive. It is not a sprint, but a marathon. You can do it.

    ReplyDelete