Monday, June 3, 2013

Day 1 of A New Life

Just a few things "new" started yesterday. 1) I'm home full time with the kids again. 2) The kids are starting swim classes tonight. 3) We started attending the local museum for weekly themed preschool age kids. 4) I announced my personal struggle with my weight and my frustrations with the difficulties in "dieting".

So this morning I woke up at 6:00 and hopped on the stationary bike and had a very nice 30 minute ride while watching the news. My son woke up and stumbled his way to Mommy-Daddy-Room with his trusty stuffed lamb, and climbed onto the bed to see what I was doing. He was so interested in it. To him it looked like I was playing. He asked if he could do it when he got bigger, and that was suddenly the motivation and excitement I needed to plow on through the 30 minutes. 

I felt FANTASTIC after my early morning cardio. Proud, excited, energized, and excited. Awesome. 

So, my food diary from Monday:

Breakfast- Multivitamin, 2 cups of coffee with Atkins French Vanilla shake added as my sweetener and creamer. 

Lunch- 1 Cup of homemade purple cabbage coleslaw made with a "light" slaw dressing.  1 light baby bell cheese circle. 1 banana, sliced in a bowl, with 1 tablespoon natural peanut butter drizzled over it, 1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt and a Truvia packet sprinkled on top. Huge cup of water. 

Supper- Salmon, pan-seared in a little olive oil, corn on the cob, grilled with a little canola oil and salt, purple cabbage slaw with light slaw dressing, and 4 glasses of wine. Yes ... 4. Ugh. I don't feel great this morning after drinking 4 glasses of wine. I was so excited about my calories because I was so far under my daily goal, I kept logging and seeing that I had more room for another glass. 

Today's goal will be to EAT my calories. Drinking my calories is not fun, not smart, and not healthy. 


1 comment:

  1. Don't get discouraged! Get back on that bike! You CAN do this!! I'm down between 3 and 10 lbs (our scale is crap ... so it is probably more like 3 than 10 ... time to get a new one) ... but it is 3 lbs gone ... Go girl go!!

    ReplyDelete