Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Motiva... Whatever.

🎶 Where oh where has my motivation gone, oh where oh where can it be? 🎶

A week and a half ago I jumped in with both feet pictured on my bathroom scale, a side-view of my rather large no-longer-pregnant-yet-still-huge belly, and a drive and excitement to take on the world. 

A mid-week peak at the scale derailed my efforts. Why am I so programmed to worship the number on the scale? Why is that my indicator of health and wellness? I've read dozens of diet and lifestyle books, my friends and family have given advise, smacked me around, and tried desperately to point me in the overall health direction instead of the weightless direction, but its still an addiction I just can't ignore. 

The other addiction I struggle with is food addiction. And it's not like a controlled substance addiction. I can't simply eliminate this product, do through detox, and complete a 12-step program to rid myself of this element. Food is a needed substance. BUT... *which* foods and *how much* of those foods is what I will have to struggle with forever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment