Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Atkins 3/4

The train left the station going full speed yesterday. Then derailed when I remembered I had gluten free cookie dough in the fridge. The kids and I baked cookies, and my Honey and I ate raw cookie dough from the second package. Then I ate a baked cookie. Then I ate 2 more rounds of cookie dough. And I don't have a sweet tooth! Argh!!

I asked my Honey to take the rest of the dough with him to work. I won't eat the cooked cookies, they aren't as dreamy as the raw cookie dough. I also asked him to put my vino in the emergency back-up fridge in the garage. Out of sight, out of mind. 

So here we are on Tuesday morning. I've acquired a fabulous cold and have subsequently lost my voice. Awesome. I tried decaf hot tea with lemon for my morning beverage and it wasn't satisfying at all. 

Need coffee. 

Out of pods. 

This is not awesome. 

But every good addict had a backup supply. I got my hidden tub of Folgers and my Bodum press. Used the hot water from the Keurig and viola! Glorious coffee. Sugar free flavored creamer added, and I'm sipping a beautiful mug of yummy. 

The kids request waffles, but we're out of maple syrup. I offered grape jelly and they didn't want that. I got out the fresh fruit, and to my surprise neither child wanted any. Then Boo said he wanted his strawberries WARM. 

Strawberry syrup! I chopped the strawberries and put them onto a microwave safe measuring cup with a pour spout and nuked them for 45 seconds. Then poured local honey on them and smushed it all up with a fork. It was killer awesome! 

The kids wanted nothing to do with it. 

So they ate their waffles with just butter, not cut-up, they simply picked up the big round circles like toast. 

I feel an entire day of "creative parenting" ahead of us today. Hate to admit it, but I also thing it's going to be a movie day. Yeap. I'm going to let Walt Disney help babysit this Tuesday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment